Thursday, October 2, 2008

Phone Call from Teacher

Bill decides to call me at work from home at lunch. He has the answering machine going and tells me I need to listen to a message. The message begins; "Mr. and Mrs. Rogers this is Mrs. Patton Kyle's math teacher." OK let's just say this never goes well from this point. It usually is we have to talk or Kyle's really struggling and we need to see what we can do. My hearts just dropping. Then the message goes on to say;"I just wanted to let you know that Kyle got 100% on his math test and currently has the highest percentage in the class." Ok now comes shock, tears, joy, pride, etc. I get off the phone at work and everyone is looking at me concerned. After I explained everything to them they were laughing at me.

I get to my car after work and have 3 missed calls from Kyle. I finally connect with him and I hear him yell "I'm the smartest kid in my class!" Bill saw him at practice and said he was grinning from ear to ear. Pre-Algebra has been good for him. It gives me hives but he's doing well. Kyle's feet haven't touched the ground since.

No comments: