Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thinking Thursday

I'm at work and I am hearing about 2 of my fellow co-workers talk about their kids going to college. These kids are very bright and will be going to big schools. Both got huge ACT scores. One is hoping to work for NASA. I am feeling a little sorry for my kids because they are all very bright but each has his problems with school. One of them is just to social. I also work with a mom who's son is autistic and I hear about everything she has to fight for with him. This mom put things in perspective for me by telling me I just have normal boys and I should be grateful for this. Cole's Principal keeps reminding me that Cole will do just fine when it's something that's important to him. I saw him Monday night and he told me how much he enjoys Cole and what a wonderful young man I raised. Last night Kyle had to miss ski club because he didn't do so hot in health class (ok let's not mention what mom does for a living) he was extremely upset. Then I get a call from one of his teachers who felt horrible about Kyle missing ski club and just wanted to let me know what a terrific, compassionate and hard working kid he is and how proud she was of him because of the effort he puts into his classes. Clayton is having a blast at school and his teacher gave him a huge hug and told him how proud she was of him yesterday for all of his hard work. I guess they are doing alright.
By the way Cole is actually thinking about after high school options and last night he surprised both Bill and I by asking if he could go look at UTI for automotive.

No comments: