Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas- Day 11

Today my true love gives me 11 drummers drumming. With this thought brings noise and with noise and Christmas Eve I am reminded of what Christmas Eve growing up was like. I remember being so excited to go to Babcock and see all the cousins. It was fun trying to figure out who had your name and what they might have gotten you. As we got older it was exciting to see what Grandma made 100 of that year. There was always a ton of noise and some fun disagreements but no one went away angry or upset. Many times we left with our sides hurting from laughing. After Babcock it was off to Pittsville to church. The older I got the more I didn't mind this because it meant we got to Uncle Stan's and see everyone there. (OK maybe Bill going to this church also had something to do with it.)This was one night when there was no bedtime. Again a lot of noise and competition. On the way home I remember trying to watch out the car window to see if I could catch a glimpse of Santa's sleigh and Rudolph's nose. As I look back it's this feeling I try and create with my own kids. The sense of family, excitement and magic. Thank you Mom and Dad for all the wonderful Christmas memories you have made for us.

No comments: