Friday, May 28, 2010

So far So good!

Bachorelett was yesterday. It was so cool to see the kids all coming in at different times getting ready to walk into church. I thought I'd be more emotional but I'm just so proud. Several kids got phone calls in the morning due to missing homework. So far I haven't gotten any and no teacher has stopped me. Cole just hates having to go back to school for these events. I can't say I blame him. Today we had the academic awards ceremony. It was nice to hear all the scholarships given out and see the awards. I have perfected my golf clap. We have the sports awards banquet tonight. This should be interesting. Cole will get his all conference awards and his track and football letters. Kyle will get his participation awards (he's so excited LOL).

Kyle has had 2 ballgames this week with his summer league and we are seeing the old Kyle back. He has hit the ball well and is really the team leader. His coach finds him really funny. Kyle had to make sure that there were treats after the game. I thought I was done with that. Oh well whatever motivates them.

Clay is not thrilled with being drug to everything. Last night his was over at the skate park while the game was going on and came back in tears. I looked for skinned knees, bruises, then I thought the older kids were picking on him. Neither the case. There was an older kid who really liked his board and asked if he could try it. He did this really cool trick and came down wrong and broke his board. The kid felt horrible and offered to give Clay a new one. It took us awhile to calm him down now he's just looking forward to getting the new board.

Tomorrows the big day! GRADUATION! I can't wait.

No comments: