Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thanks For the Memories Cole!

Sad Best buds.
Dad and son after a fantastic 4 years

Not the way to end a season.



Girls showing their support for the seniors.



Blury but an amazing QB sack! Sent him back at least 5 or more extra yards. Cole's goal before the game was to get the QB.



It was a tough night on so many levels. First it was a tough game. Edgar was a good team but not as good as the score showed. I have very little voice left after the game. Watching Kyle yell for his brother and team. He showed so much support and tears afterwards also. Kyle enjoyed playing with Cole and knew that time was over. He kept saying "The coaches don't know what they are going to miss not having Cole next year." He wasn't even talking about the playing but the emotional charge and support he gave the team. He is so very proud of Cole.Cole got hurt the beginning of the second half and couldn't play. His knee is better but it was horrible to see him sob on the sidelines because he couldn't be out there and he knew this was the end. Because we lost, it was Cole's last game as a Cardinal. The tears were flowing from the kids and it took forever to get them off the field. I did alright until I saw Cole hug Bill and Bill not wanting to let go. Bill's having a really tough time even today with the thought it was his last game. I don't know how he'll be when he graduates. By the way I'm really sad knowing that I won't see him in #79 red and white either. I just remind myself he's on to bigger and better things. His knee is sore but I don't think he ripped or tore anything. As Bill said "Thanks for a great 4 years!" His record was for the 4 years was 43-6. Congratulations!

No comments: