Monday, August 16, 2010

Busy Monday!

I can't believe how busy today was. I thought Friday thru Sunday were nuts today was just as bad. I worked then signed Clay up for soccer (YMCA 7 week league), got Kyle to practice, ran a couple of errands and now have to get the house straightened up from Cole's move.
Clay is just excited to have the chaos in our house done with for a while. We have almost all of his school supplies. He doesn't know his teacher yet but I'm sure we will find out this week. He's been up to Cole's room several times. He's already missing him
Kyle is busy at practice and is really working hard. He comes home battered and bruised but really is enjoying it. He took over Cole's number which I thought was really sweet. Cole thought Kyle should be the only one able to wear it. Kyle's been a little ornery but then again he doesn't like change. He's in a new position on the field and with Cole gone he doesn't have the big brother support.
Cole is adjusting to college life. He didn't pass the running part of his conditioning test by 2 seconds and had to redo it. He passed without problems today. He passed all the other parts of the testing except for this. He was so excited he called Bill. Cole got his big brother today. I can't wait to hear but it will probably be a couple of days now before we hear anything from him. One of the players already quit prior to the first practice. There were 150 players slated to come out we know they are down to at least 145 already. He started to get to know the kids on his dorm floor right away. His room is right across from his resident advisor. HEEHEEHEE he has to behave now.
We had the annual kickoff football party yesterday. Good food and company. The senior parents usually do something for homecoming but they thought we all could use the item for the whole season. They gave out cowbells with all the boys numbers. They didn't have Kyle's number written down so I didn't get mine yet. I do have a bigger bell and Cole stole the cow tag but I know I can get them at Fleet. Crowd should be crazy this year. Hopefully I will have to get another # for Cole. We just have to wait and see.

No comments: